Foraging (or Forging) for a Derby Horse

Bored. Waiting for a settlement agreement and some estate planning work to get back to me so I thought I would write something pointless. Nothing really important in politics or horse racing news in the last week anyway.

A few things:

(1) Went "forging" this weekend. Thought we were foraging. Didn't get to eat any mushrooms but created a metal object that suppose to resemble a knife.




Guess which one of these three pieces of art is mine? Remember, it is suppose to be a knife. I am truly incompetent when it comes to anything that requires a hammer or fire or strength.

Note to self: Fair to say "stick to law, politics, and horse racing" to me. But I can't explain what the hell is going on in law, politics and horse racing right now anyway.

(2) We welcomed these two into our family a few months back:




These two were from a litter of 5 we fostered. Supposedly their mother died right after their birth and they were left for dead in Cle Elum. Glad they were found.

Would adopt 30 more cats and 30 dogs if I could. Animals are the best and don't complain about watching Korean (South) horse racing at 11:30 at night.

Derby Top 7 (not who I would invest in)

Can't even find ten horses I like, so here is my Top 7 right now:

(1) Game Winner - Needed last one. Most reliable horse in a year of no huge superstars.

(2) Improbable - Think he is a star but might be a star in the shorter Allen Jerkens and Woody Stephens later on in the year. Last race was better than it looks even though he got caught by Long Range Toddy.Will wait and see what the 9 furlongs brings.

(3) Hidden Scroll - Like this horse but superstar jockey agent Ron Anderson has some reservations about his maturity and distance

(4) Omaha Beach - Improving rapidly and showed some guts against Game Winner.

(5) Bourbon War - Liked him in Fountain of Youth. Still tons of upside.

(6) Roadster - Talented but playing catch up. Wide-open year helps his chances.

(7) Code of Honor - Perfect ground-saving trip and ride in the Fountain of Youth. Florida Derby will tell us more.

Controversial Hot Take of the Week: No sport that whips an animal will survive the 21st Century: and it shouldn't.

You didn't think I was just going to go quietly did you?

Will

#SDNY

Comments

  1. UnknownOctober 14, 2019 at 3:55 PM
    Happened to run across your blog from 2016 by chance and noticed your asinine comments about myself (the owner of Thisdewarsforyou and the trainer of this horse as well) For your info I live in Canada and have never been in the owners box at Emerald Downs with the trainer nor have I ever met you. Remove your post .An apology and retraction is also in order to myself and Neil and I will expect it toot sweet.

    Reply

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming: Regulating the Whip